Sunday, May 8, 2016

So Help me God

The day finally arrived. It was the longest day, yet it went by in a blur. I woke up at 6am to go through rehearsals. I was running around town trying to get the last finishing touches of my uniform in place. There was a tailoring emergency. I had to last minute make some phone calls and do some begging. In the end my uniform ended up pretty great. I got to pick up one of my biggest career role models from the airport. I gave her a tour of our building. It was awesome to see her in action! She is one of those people that you can just listen to, and you want to be her best friend. 

Right before everyone who was being commissioned was suppose to walk on stage, I realized that I had my name tag on my uniform shirt from earlier, and it was not on my jacket! If you know anything about the uniform shirt, you have to take off the tie and completely unbutton the shirt to get there name off of it. The once you have the name tag off you have to make sure the name tag is in the right place on the jacket. This sounds easy, but will take about 5 minutes to complete. 

The girls next to me realize what is wrong, they throw my tie off, rip my shirt open, button it back up, put my tie back on, and somehow manage to get my name tag on in the right place. I made it on time to walk on stage. That was hands down one of the best moments of the night!

From there it was time for commissioning. My cousin came in to do my oath of office.  It was awesome to see the family. There was a lot of crowd interaction from the speakers, and my parents were eating it up. They loved it. 

After the ceremony, there were so many pictures! (Sorry for everyone who is friends with me on Facebook, I am probably spamming you) I remember getting home and just sitting on my couch of 20 minutes, all I could think was wow, this really just happened. 


 I could not have asked for a better commissioning day. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Just Around The Neighborhood. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig